|Source: The Zen Monastery Cookbook
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 c. finely minced onion or scallions
- 4 c. chopped celery
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 c. minced celery
- 1 c. milk or soymilk, warmed (to prevent separation)
- 3 c. water
- a pinch of white pepper
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- Saute the onion and chopped celery in a bit of water until very tender.
- Add the water, potatoes, and all of the seasonings except for the pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cook it all at a simmer until the potatoes are done.
- Puree the soup in a blender, then return to the soup pot and add the warmed milk and the white pepper. Heat gently without boiling and serve (especially with biscuits or dumplings!)
From August 28, 2009 Fox & Fawn Farm Newsletter