- 4 c. cooked, mashed rutabaga (about 3 lb. raw)
- 4 TB melted butter
- 1 tsp fresh dill, or ½ tsp dried
- 1 tsp salt, pepper, and paprika
- 4 eggs, separated
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Combine mashed rutabaga, butter, dill, salt, pepper, and paprika. Blend in egg yolks.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into the rutabaga mixture.
- Lightly pile into a greased 1 ½ quart casserole dish. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, until set and top is golden brown.
From November 1, 2009 Fox & Fawn Farm Newsletter