- To begin, preheat the oven to 375° – 400°.
- Wash the squash, slice down the middle, and scoop out any seeds and pulp with a spoon. Place both halves of the squash face down into a casserole dish, and add ¼”- ½” of water.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, depending on size of squash.
- Remove the squash from the oven and peel off the skin. Puree the squash in a blender or with a hand mixer.
- Place the pureed squash into freezer bags. It may be helpful to freeze the squash in measured 1 or 2 c. servings, to be used in recipes needing a certain quantity of squash. This saves the work of thawing and re-freezing too much.
From November 22, 2009 Fox & Fawn Farm Newsletter