From Asparagus to Zucchini, 3rd ed.
- 2 kohlrabi, skin still attached
- 4 TB butter or oil
- 1 medium onion, diced, –or—4 scallions, chopped
- 1 TB fresh herbs (thyme, chives, sage, dill)
- 1 tsp salt
- Grate kohlrabi, place in colander, and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes to drain.
- Heat butter over medium heat, add onions, and sauté a few minutes. Stir in kohlrabi, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium and cook 2 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in fresh herbs.