- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lb. tomatoes, chopped/seeded/drained
- ½ c. fresh basil, chopped
- ¼ c. olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 lb. whole wheat pasta shells or ziti
1. Combine all ingredients except for the pasta and let stand at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions. Combine hot pasta and sauce.
3. Garnish with freshly grated Parmesan cheese or feta cheese. Serve immediately.
Alternatively, replace basil with 1/3 c. chopped fresh mint plus the juice and rind of one lemon.