- 1 1/2 c. chopped green tomatoes
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, sliced
- 5 TB butter, divided
- 3/4 c. soft bread crumbs
- 3 TB unbleached flour
- 1 1/2 c. low-fat milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Alternate layers of egg slices and tomatoes in shallow baking dish.
- Melt 2 TB butter in small sauce pan. Add bread crumbs; stir well.
- Melt remaining butter in medium saucepan over low flame. Stir in flour and cook, stirring often, 3-4 minutes. Whisk in milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Pour milk mixture over tomato/egg layers. Top with bread crumbs. Bake 35-40 minutes.