- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 tsp. Cumin seeds
- 2 medium beets, quartered, sliced ¼” thick
- 2 medium carrots, sliced ¼” thick
- tamari sauce
- beet tops, fresh spinach, or chard
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add cumin; cook about one minute.
- Add beets and carrots; fry until tender. Remove from heat, sprinkle on a little tamari, and serve.
- If using young beets, save the tops. When the beets and carrots are tender, add chopped greens, cover, and cook until soft. Toss mixture, sprinkle with tamari, and serve.