From Vegetarian Recipes by Better Homes and Gardens
- 1/3 c. wild rice
- 1/3 c. brown rice
- 1 ½ c. water
- 3 TB teriyaki sauce
- 2 TB rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. Toasted sesame oil
- 2 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp. Crushed red pepper
- 1/3 c. shredded carrot
- ½ head shredded Napa cabbage
- 6 oz. Pea pods, chopped
- ½ c. peanuts, coarsely chopped
- Place wild rice in a colander and rinse under cold water. In a medium saucepan bring wild rice, brown rice, and water to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or til water is absorbed and rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- For dressing, in a screw-top jar combine the teriyaji sauce, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, honey, and crushed pepper. Cover and shake the dressing well.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a bowl. Stir in the shreeded carrot and cabbage. Pour the ressing mixture over rice mixture, tossing to coat. Cover and chill for 2-24 hours.
- Before serving, toss the rice mixture with the pea pods and peanuts.