From Asparagus to Zucchini, 3rded.
- 2 c. cooked rice, at room temperature
- 2 c. assorted diced early summer veggies (beans, peas, cauliflower, etc.), slightly steamed
- ¼ c. raisins
- ¼ c. chopped olives
- ½ c. cubed provolone or other cheese
- 3 or 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ lb. Summer sausage, diced (optional)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- salad greens
- Mix rice, veggies, raisins, olives, cheese, eggs, and sausage (if using). Dress with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature on a bed of salad greens.
- Any or all of the listed ingredients can be included, or add your favorites (garlic scapes, chopped cabbage, onion, etc.).