- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 TB olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs, made from 5 slices country bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large bowl halfway with ice water, and set aside. Bring a large stockpot with water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender — about 5 minutes. Immediately transfer beans to the ice water to cool. Strain and blot dry. Heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook until soft. Remove from heat, toss in the bread crumbs, butter, salt, pepper, and the blanched beans. Transfer to a 6-cup baking dish.
- Bake until the beans are tender and the bread crumbs are golden — 18 to 20 minutes. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.