- 6 c. thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 c. thinly sliced onions
- ¾ c. honey
- 1 c. lemon juice
- ½ tsp each kelp powder, mustard seed, celery seed, ground turmeric, and ground cloves
- Place cucumbers and onions in a large glass bowl. Combine remaining ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cook and stir until honey is dissolved.
- Pour hot liquid and over cucumbers and onions, toss well, and let cool. The cucumbers will give off some of their juices; keep them submerged in the liquid while they cool.
- Transfer pickles to 3 pint jars, cover tightly, and refrigerate at least 24 hours before serving. They will keep for a week or so.
Makes 3 pints