from 125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes
- 6 c. peeled pumpkin, cut into 2″ cubes
- 2-3 leeks, central stalk only, cleaned and coarsely chopped
- 4 c. vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 c. whipping cream
- 6-8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ c. toasted pumpkin seeds (optional)
- Finely chopped chives, parsley, or cilantro
- In a slow cooker stoneware, combine pumpkin, leeks, stock, salt, and black pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours, until pumpkin is tender. Strain vegetables, reserving stock. In a blender or food processor, puree vegetables with 1 c. reserved stock until smooth. Or, using a hand-held blender, puree the soup in stoneware.
- If serving hot, return soup to slow cooker, add remaining stock, lime zest and juice, cayenne, and cream and cook on high for 20 minutes. If serving cold, combine ingrredients in a large bowl and chill thoroughly.
- When ready to serve, ladle soup into individual bowls and garnish with cherry tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, if using, and chives, parsley, or cilantro.