from CSA member Julie Healy
- 2 pie crusts – baked 10-15 minutes so that bottoms are no longer soft.
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella
- 10 Roma tomatoes, cubed and put on paper towels to absorb the moisture
- 8 cloves of pressed garlic
- 1 cup mayonaise (I use lowfat)
- 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese (or a little more if you like)
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- Basil to taste (1/4 Cup fresh, 1 tsp. dried, 2 tsp. frozen)
When you pull the pie crusts out, sprinkle each crust with 1 cup of mozarella so that it melts on the crusts.
Mix the remaining mozzarella and everything except the tomatoes together. Mix in the tomatoes with as little stirring as possible. Split between the crusts.
Bake at 375 for about 30 minutes