From Vegetarian, by Linda Fraser
1 lb. Sweet peppers
6 TB olive oil
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
14 oz. (4 c.) fusilli or other short pasta
3 TB finely chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper to taste
grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
1. Place the peppers under a hot broiler and turn occasionally until they are black and blistered on all sides. Remove, place in a paper bag and let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Peel the peppers. Cut them into quarters, remove the stems and seeds and slice the flesh into thin strips. Bring a large pan of water to a boil.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until it is translucent, 5-8 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 2 minutes or more.
4. Add salt and the pasta to the boiling water and cook until the pasta is tender.
5. Meanwhile, add the peppers to the onions and mix together gently. Stir in about 3 TB of the pasta cooking water. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the chopped parsley.
6. Drain the pasta. Transfer it to the pan with the vegetables and cook over moderate heat for 3-4 minutes, stirring constantly to mix the pasta into the sauce. Serve with the Parmesan passed separately.