- 4 small beets, trimmed, leaving 1 inch of stems attached
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 head bok choy
- 2 TB peanut oil
- 1 ½ tsp butter
- 1/3 c. crumbed feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the beets, one quarter of the chopped garlic, and the olive oil on a piece of heavy aluminum foil; fold the foil around the beets into a sealed packet.
- Roast the beets in the preheated oven until easily pierced with a fork, 40 minutes to 1 hour. Let beets cool just until they can be handled, then rub with a paper towel to remove skins. Chop into 1/2” cubes; set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil and butter in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir bok choy and the remaining garlic together until bok choy is slightly softened but still crunchy, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in the beets and the feta. Serve warm.