From CSA member Laurel Means
- 1 head napa cabbage, sliced in half down the middle, then sliced across into thin shreds.
- 1 – 2 c. bean sprouts (optional)
- 1/2 – 1 c. green onions, sliced in 1/4 ” pieces
- 1/2 c. unsalted, roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1/2 – 1 c. cucumber, cut down the length in 4ths, then sliced in 1/4″ pieces
- 1 tbs. sesame seeds
- 1/2 c. soy sauce
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. roasted sesame oil
- 2 oz. rice vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 tbs. grated fresh ginger root
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
This makes about 1 c., but use just enough to lightly dress the cabbage mixture (its total quantity will depend upon how much of the ingredients/cabbage you use. Any remaining dressing will keep for weeks in the fridge for other salads, pot-stickers, etc.). Fresh chopped basil and/ or parsley can also be added. The salad itself will keep for about two days in the fridge.