From Easy Vegetarian
- 1 loaf of bread
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp salt
- bunch of parsley, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- Cut the bread into slices without cutting the crust all the way through, or cut the loaf in half lengthwise.
- Crush the whole cloves of garlic with the flat of a large knife, then peel, chop, and mash to a puree with the salt.
- Mix the garlic puree, butter, parsley, and pepper in a bowl, then spread generously on the cut surfaces of the bread.
- Wrap the bread in foil, put on a baking tray and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and serve hot.