- Komatsuna (1 bunch)
- Small onion or bunch of scallions
- Potato (1)
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- Butter (1 tbsp)
- Chicken bouillon (1 cube)
- Bay leaf
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
How to make it:
(1) Cut the komatsuna into 1 inch long pieces; slice the potato and onion thinly.
(2) Melt the butter in a pan; sauté the onion until tender, then add the komatsuna and cook a little longer. Add the potato and stir until the butter has coated all the ingredients. Add the water, bouillon and bay leaf and bring to a low simmer.
(3) When the potato is tender, remove the bay leaf and mix in a blender until smooth. (Mixing well produces better results).
(4) Return the soup to the pan, add milk, salt and pepper. Serve hot.
* For a richer, creamier soup, add a little cream after turning off the flame in step (4).