- 1 garlic clove
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large bunch kale (about 12 oz.), tough stems removed
- 1 small head escarole (about 12 oz.), leaves torn
- Preheat the grill to high. Finely chop the garlic on top of ¼ teaspoon of the salt; press the mixture with the flat side of the knife to make a paste. Whisk together the garlic paste, egg yolk, mustard, and 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice in a medium bowl. Slowly add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, whisking constantly. Slowly add the vegetable oil, whisking constantly. Stir in the pepper, 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan, and the remaining ½ tablespoon of lemon juice and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Toss the kale and escarole with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Arrange the greens on oiled grill grates. Grill, uncovered, until lightly charred on the edges, 1 to 2 minutes, turning once. Coarsely chop and arrange on a platter. Drizzle with the dressing and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan.