Skip to content
Grains and Greens Casserole
- 2 TB olive oil
- ½ onion
- Bok choy or komatsuna or vivid choi chopped into small pieces
- 1 bunch kale; stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 4 cloves garlic; minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (or quinoa/barley/lentils or a combination)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 eggs; beaten
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Oil a 13 x 9 baking pan
- Add olive oil to skillet or wok at medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and sautee for 5-7 minutes.
- Add all the greens (in small batches) to the wok and cook until wilted
- Remove greens from heat to large bowl to cool. Stir in cooked grains and add salt/pepper. Stir in eggs and cheese.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil and cook until the top is lightly browned.