- 4 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon tarragon or white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 chopped scallions, green part only
- 5 cups torn butter lettuce (1 head)
- 3 cups torn escarole (1 head)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 ounces thinly sliced ricotta salata
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Combine yogurt and next 5 ingredients (through dill) in a food processor; purée until smooth.
- Toss salad greens, peas, and ricotta salata in a bowl; drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with pine nuts; serve.
This salad always works well with diced cucumber substituted for the peas.
One thought on “Lettuce and Escarole Salad”