- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 2-inch piece ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 bok choy chopped fine
- 2 bunches mature spinach, trimmed
- ¼ cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Kosher salt, freshly ground pepper
- Toasted sesame seeds (for serving)
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium. Cook ginger, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Add bok choy, spinach, and 2 Tbsp. water to pot and toss to coat in oil. Cover with lid and let steam until spinach is just wilted, about 3 minutes. Uncover and let cool.
- Squeeze excess liquid from bok choy and spinach (they hold a lot of water, which will dilute the dressing!). Toss greens and ginger with grapefruit juice and soy sauce in a large bowl; season with salt and pepper. Crush sesame seeds on a cutting board with a flat-bottomed mug and sprinkle over top.
- Do Ahead: Greens can be cooked 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.
One thought on “Spinach and Bok Choy Recipe”