from CSA members the Clark family
- 2 1/4 teaspoons powdered agar
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 6 cups sorrel (3 1/2 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Kosher salt
- Fresh fruit for serving
- Lightly oil 8 (3- to 4-ounce) ramekins (souffle dishes). Sprinkle the agar over the water in a bowl and let stand until softened.
- Puree the sorrel with the buttermilk in a blender until smooth, then strain through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding the solids.
- Heat the cream with the sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and stir in the agar mixture until dissolved. Combine the cream and buttermilk mixtures, then divide between ramekins and chill until set, at least 4 hours. Serve with the fresh fruit.