- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot or onion, diced
- 1 bunch fresh turnips, peeled & chopped
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard, ribs separated from leaves & chopped, leaves chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saute pan over medium-high heat.
- Add shallot /onion and saute for 1 minute.
- Add turnip and saute for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the turnips begin to brown.
- Stir in the Swiss Chard (ribs and leaves) and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and serve.