- 2 c. dry macaroni noodles
- 1 bu. Mustard greens, Mizuna, or Arugula
- 1 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 bu. Scallions (optional)
- zest from 2 lemons
- 3 T. olive oil
- 1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in a large pot of salted water for 9-10 minutes, or per instructions. Reserve ¼ c. of the cooking water before draining.
- While the pasta cooks, wash the greens several times and compost the stems. Slice into 1” wide ribbons.
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan. Add garlic, scallions, and lemon zest and saute for about a minute.
- Add the greens and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta to the mixture, toss well, and heat for 1 minute.
- If the mixture seems too dry, add the cooking water from the pasta.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and serve hot, with additional cheese available as desired.
From July 17, 2009 Fox & Fawn Farm Newsletter