- 3 Egg yolks
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ tsp. Cayenne pepper
- 2 Tb lemon juice
- 1 c. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Combine egg yolks, mustard, garlic clove, cayenne and lemon juice in a food processor. Start the processor and add a stream of oil to the mix as it processes. The mayonnaise will come together and thicken suddenly.
- If the mixture is too thick, add a little warm water to thin it. Add salt and pepper to taste. Keeps for 1 week in the fridge
Send in the greens!
- ¼ c garlic mayo
- 1 bu. Mustard greens, stemmed and chopped.
- Ground black pepper
- 1. Rinse and dry the mustard greens. Slice away the stems and spines. Cut into ribbons 1” wide.
- In a large bowl, toss the mustard greens with a little of the mayo. Continue to add the mayo slowly until you reach the desired consistency: Well coated but not soggy. Add the
black pepper to taste
From July 17, 2009 Fox & Fawn Farm Newsletter