- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 lb collard greens
- 3 T. vegetable broth, plus ½ c. later
- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 oz can of pinto beans, drained
- 2 T. lemon juice
- 1 T. olive oil
- sale and pepper
- Remove stems from collard greens, rinse and chop into narrow ribbons.
- Heat 3 T vegetable broth in large saute pan. When the broth begins to steam, add onions and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add ½ c. vegetable broth, tomatoes, and pinto beans to the onions and garlic mixture and bring to a boil. Add collard greens and simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and stir in olive oil and lemon juice. Serve hot.
From July 24, 2009 Fox & Fawn Farm Newsletter