Skip to content
Kohlrabi with Peas and Potato
|Source: Simply in Season
- ½ c. onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- ¼ tsp ground coriander
- 1 c. kohlrabi, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 c. tomatoes, chopped
- ½ c. water
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp sugar
- ½ c. peas (or beans)
- In a large soup pot, saute the onions and garlic in 1 TB oil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the spices and stir-fry for about 30 seconds. Add the kohlrabi and potatoes and stir briefly.
- Add tomatoes, water, salt, and sugar. Bring to a boil then simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 15 minutes.
- If desired, add a cooking green (kale, chard, beet or kohlrabi greens, collards, turnip greens) and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Add peas or beans. Stir in and cook until peas are done. Serve over rice.
From September 11, 2009 Fox & Fawn Farm Newsletter
<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: