From CSA member and hero, Nancy Healy
- 1 bunch cooking greens (Swiss chard, kale, collards, turnip greens, beet greens, spinach)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (or 4 red scallions)
- 1 tablespoon raisins, any kind
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash balsamic vinegar
- Tear greens into medium pieces.
- In large saute pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Stir red onion in and saute for about 5 minutes or until the red onion slices are soft.
- Turn heat up to medium-high heat; add raisins and pine nuts, stir to toast the nuts. Add greens, give it a couple of stirs to incorporate it with the other ingredients.
- Add water and cover the pan so the greens will wilt. Usually takes about 3 to 4 minutes for this to happen.
- Remove to a platter and cover with cashew sauce, or serve sauce on the side.