- ½ c. raw cashews
- ¼ c. white wine vinegar
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- 1 TB minced gingerroot
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- ½ head bok choy
- ¼ c. peanut oil
- Toast cashews in a dry skillet, tossing frequently, until lightly browned and fragrant.
- Combine cashews, vinegar, sugar, soy sace, ginger, red pepper flakes, and 2-4 TB water in a blender or food processor; puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Wash bok choy stems and leaves well, making sure to rinse away dirt in the ribs. Separate the bok choy leaves from the stalks. Cut stalks into 1-in pieces and roughly chop the leaves.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add bok choy stems and cook, stirring often, until crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes
- Add the leaves and cook until they wilt and turn bright green, another minute or so. Remove to a platter and cover with cashew sauce, or serve sauce on the side.