Adapted from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest
- 1 lb. fresh, whole beans, cleaned and destrung
for the dressing:
- 3 TB fresh lemon juice
- 2 larges cloves garlic
- 1/3 c. olive oil
- 1 TB red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp. crushed tarragon
- ½ tsp dried dill weed
- ½ tsp. salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp dark or Dijon mustard
- ½ c. freshley-minced parsley
- 1/3 lb. Swiss cheese, in thin strips
- 1/3 c. chopped ripe olives
- ¾ c. mixed sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ c. chopped, toasted almonds
1. Steam the beans until just tender (larger beans will take longer than thinner ones). Remove from heat and immediately rinse in cold water.
2. While the beans are cooking, combine the dressing ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well to thoroughly combine.
3. Add the rinsed (well-drained) beans to the dressing. Add Swiss cheese. Toss until dressing is well-distributed. Cover tightly, and marinate 2-3 hours, stirring about once an hour.
4. Add olives and sliced peppers. Mix well, cover, and chill overnight, or at least 5 hours.
5. Top with almonds.