- 2 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon herbes de Provence (or thyme, basil, savory mixed)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 8 tomatillos, husked and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1. Place egg whites in a shallow bowl.
2. In a separate shallow bowl, mix together cornmeal, herbs, salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Dip tomatillo slices in egg whites, then dredge in cornmeal mixture turning to coat both sides.
4. Fry tomatillo slices 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown. Be careful not to over cook; tomatillos should be tender, but not totally softened. Serve immediately.