From Vegetarian Recipes, Better Homes and Gardens
- 2 small spaghetti squash
- 4 ox mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped (1 ½ c.)
- 4 green onions, sliced (or 1 sweet onion, chopped)
- ½ c. pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- ¼ c. snipped fresh basil or parsley
- 1 TB olive oil or cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TB grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Halve squash lengthwise and remove the seeds. Price skin all over. Place halves, cut side down in a baking dish. Cover and bake for 60-70 minutes or till tender.
3. Using a fork, separate the squash pulp into strands, leaving strands in shell. Sprinkle one-fourth of the mozzarella cheese in each shell; toss lightly. Press mixture up the sides of the shell.
4. Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine tomatoes, green onions, nuts, basil or parsley, oil, and garlic. Spoon one-fourth of the tomato mixture into each shell. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
5. Return to baking dish. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or till filling is heated through.