From Simply in Season
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large bunch kale, collards, or chard
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 TB tomato paste
1. In a large frying pan or wok, saute the onion in olive oil over medium heat until brown and crisp, not just soft. Remove to a serving dish.
2. Wash the greens and remove stalks. Chop into ribbons sand saute for about 1 minute.
3. Add a few tablespoons of water and the salt to the pan, cover, and reduce heat. Steam the greens until tender, adding more water as needed. Kale and collards cook in 10-15 minutes; chard cooks a bit faster. When the greens are tender, drain in a colander. Returns onions to pan and heat to sizzling.
4. Add tomato paste and stir. When the mixture is hot, return the greens to the pan. Mix, heat through, and serve.