From The Zen Monastery Cookbook
- 4 c. cooked and pureed winter squash
- 1 c. red lentils
- 6 c. water
- Fresh ginger, as desired, chopped fine (or 2 tsp dried ginger)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
1. Bake the squash, scoop the good stuff out of the shell, and puree (a blender works fine for this, but you might need to add some extra water).
2. While the squash is baking, wash the lentils and put them in a big pot with the water. Bring to a boil and skim off the foam.
3. Add the ginger, turmeric, and cumin. Cook until the lentils are tender (45 minutes or so).
4. Add the salt and the pureed squash and more water if needed.
5. Heat thoroughly and serve.