From Asparagus to Zucchini, 3rd ed.
- ½ c. raw fresh cranberries
- 1 small apple, cored, chopped into small pieces
- ¼ c. currants
- ½ c. orange juice or apple cider
- 1 ½ TB honey or maple syrup
- 1 TB melted butter
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half, seeds removed
1. Preheat oven to 350. Combine cranberries, apple, currants, orange juice, honey, butter, and salt in a saucepan. Heat until berries are just tender.
2. Place squash in ovenproof dish. Fill cavities with fruit.
3. Cover dish and bake until squash is tender, about 35-45 minutes.