- 1/2–1 pound green beans or sugar snap peas
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- freshly ground black pepper
1. If using peas, remove the strings from both edges of the pea pods (start by gently pulling from the stem).
2. Cut each carrot into thirds. Slice each third, lengthwise, into quarters so that the slices are about the size and shape of the sugar snap peas.
3. Place the carrots in a steamer basket set over 11/2 inches boiling water, cover, and steam until they are just crisp-tender, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain the carrots in a colander.
4. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the beans/peas; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes. Add the carrots. Continue to cook and stir until the peas are bright green and crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the honey and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly, until the beans and carrots are thoroughly glazed with the honey.
5. Remove the skillet from heat. Season generously with pepper.
Serves 3 to 4