From CSA member Julie Ahern
- 2 lbs mustard greens (or arugula, mizuna, kale, chard, collards, etc.)
- 1 c pine nuts
- 1 clove garlic or 1 garlic scape
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T butter
- salt and pepper
- Toast pine nuts in a dry saute pan until brown and fragrant. Set aside.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Lay greens on cutting board and remove stem and large ribs. Add to boiling water and stir. Boil 4-6 minutes until tender. Remove to bowl of cold water to retard cooking, then drain into a colander in sink. Chop coarsely.
- Remove pine nuts from saute pan and heat olive oil and butter. Add chopped garlic and let soften for about a minute. Add pre-boiled greens, salt, pepper, and cover. Heat through for 5 minutes then top wtih toasted pine nuts. Serve to happy campers!
You can add a squeeze of lemon, a splash of rooster sauce, a grating of parmesan,
or a sprinkling of pepper flakes for variety.