From CSA member Julie Ahern
- Romaine Lettuce
- 3 golden Beets
- 3 red Beets
- 1 red onion shredded
- 1 seedless cucumber sliced and quartered
- Cook beets at medium heat 15 minutes. (Cook beets in separate pots or yellow beets will also become red)
- Cool beets and peel off skin, then cut julienne style
- Place in separate zip lock bags with: 1 TBL sugar and 3 TBLS rice wine vinegar shake well and store in fridge for several hours to meld flavors.
- Assemble the salad layering lettuce, beets, onion and cucumbers. Dress and sprinkle with nuts to garnish.
In a food processor combine:
- 1 C seedless raspberry jam
- ½ C raspberry vinegar
- 1TBL Dijon mustard
- ½ olive oil