From Asparagus to Zucchini, 3rd Ed.
Bake it: Price eggplant all over with a fork and bake at 400° until flesh is tender, about 30-40 minutes. Flesh can be pureed.
- Stuff it: Bake 20 minutes, scoop out seeds, replace with stuffing, and return to oven for 15 minutes.
- Sauté it: Try dipping slices or chunks in flour or eggs and bread crumbs before sautéing. Sauté in hot oil until light brown. Season with herbs, garlic, grated cheese, etc.
- Steam it: Whole eggplant will steam over an inch of water in 15-30 minutes. Use the flesh for pulp or season with olive oil, lemon, salt, and pepper, or cover in tomato sauce.
- Grill it: Chop into slices along with other veggies (especially peppers and summer squash), skewer and grill.
- Fry it: Dip in your batter of choice and lightly fry in vegetable oil.