from 1,000 Vegan Recipes by Robin Robertson
- 1 pound celery
- 2 TB olive oil
- 1/3 c. dry white wine
- 1/3 c. vegetable broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 c. pitted kalamata olives, halved
- Trim and remove the strings from the celery ribs. Cut each celery rib into uniform pieces, about 1/2 inch wide by 2 inches long.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the celery and cook, turning once, until golden brown (about 5 minutes).
- Add the wine and broth and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and cook on low until the celery is tender but not mushy, 10 to 12 minutes. Spoon the celery into a serving bown and sprinkle with olives. Serve immediately.