From Asparagus to Zucchini, 3rd ed.
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 3 c. thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 c. vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 TB corn starch
- 1/4 c. cold water
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 2 c. mung bean sprouts
- 2 c. slivered cooked tofu, chicken, turkey, or pork
- chow mein noodles
- cooked rice
- Heat oil in a wok or deep skillet. Add celery, salt, pepper, and sugar; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend cornstarch, water, and soy sauce in a small bowl. Add to skillet and stir until mixture thickens. Stir in bean sprouts and tofu/meat.
- Cook until heated through, 2-3 minutes. Serve over hot rice with chow mein noodles.