from Easy Vegetarian
- 1 lb. carrots, peeled and chopped
- 6 TB butter
- 8 oz. spinach, chopped (about 2 cups)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the carrots in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for about 20 minutes, or until tender. Drain well.
- Return the carrots to the pan and put over low heat. Steam off the excess water, stirring frequently for 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the butter, salt, and pepper, and mash the carrots well. Add the spinach tto the mash and stir for 2 minutes, until wilted. Serve immediately.
Serves 8 as a side