- 6 oz. thin dried egg noodles
- 1/4 c. peanut or safflower oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 inches fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 chiles, finely chopped
- 1/2 cabbage, finely shredded
- 4 oz. bean sprouts OR finely chopped celery, about 2 cups
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- freshly squeezed juice of 2 limes
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 8 oz. cashews, chopped, about 2 cups
- Cook the noodles in a large saucepan of boiling water for 3-5 minutes, drain, and transfer to a bowl of cold water. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the garlic, ginger, onions, and chiles. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes until softened. Add the cabbage and bean sprouts/celery and stir briefly.
- Drain the noodles well and add to the wok. Toss with 2 large spoons, then add the soy sauce, lime juice, scallions and cashews. Mix well and serve immediately.
2 thoughts on “Noodle Mountain”
Made it Saturday night. Great stuff. Then I had it for leftovers. Great stuff! I enjoyed it with hot sauce.
made this Monday and hubby and I both loved it. I will cut the amount of cashews next time just to cut down the fat but it was delicious and easy to make.