From New Vegetarian Cooking, by Rose Elliot
- 9 oz. Fusilli pasta
- 2 c. chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 2 good sprigs of fresh basil, leaves torn
- 1 TB olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and cut into chunks
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the pasta. Cook according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta in a colander, then return it to the still-warm saucepan and add the tomatoes, garlic, basil, olive oil and salt and pepper. Swirl it around, then stir in the avocado chunks, and serve.
- A spoonful of pesto makes a pleasant addition. Stir it in with the pasta before adding the tomatoes.