From Vegetarian Recipes, by Better Homes & Gardens
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 1/2 c. shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz.)
- 1 c. corn, schucked
- 1/2 c. sweet onion or scallions
- 2 eggs
- 1 c. buttermilk
- fresh or 4 oz. can green chili peppers or
- Preheat oven to 325 deg.
- Grease a 2-quart square baking dish. Tear tortillas into bite-size pieces. Arrange half of the tortillas in a baking dish. Top with half of the cheese, half of the corn, and half of the onions. Repeat layering with remaining tortillas, cheese, corn, and onions.
- Stir together eggs, buttermilk, and chili peppers. Gently pour over tortilla mixture. Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or till a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm.