From Vegetarian Recipes, by Better Homes & Gardens
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TB olive oil
- 4 c. torn curly endive or spinach
- ¼ tsp. Crushed red pepper
- 16 oz. Prebaked Italian bread shell
- 1 c. shredded Swiss cheese (4 oz.)
- ¼ c. pine nuts or coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 c. shredded Colby cheese (4 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 425 deg.
- In a medium skillet, cook red onion and garlic in hot oil till tender but not brown. Add the endive or spinach and crushed red pepper. Cover and cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Place bread shell on a 12-inch pizza pan or large baking sheet. Sprinkle Swiss cheese evenly over bread shell. Top with endive mixture and toasted nuts. Sprinkle Colby cheese over the top. Bake for about 10 minutes or till cheese melts.