- 1 TB sesame oil, divided
- 1 TB each minced ginger and garlic
- 2 c. shelled edamame
- 2 TB bottled plum sauce
- 3 TB soy sauce
- 1 c. raw white or brown rice, cooked and cooled
- 3 TB tamari-roasted whole almonds
- 3 chopped green onions or small yellow onion
- Heat wok or large, heavy skillet over high flame until the air looks hazy over the pan, 2-4 minutes.
- Add 1 tsp. Sesame oil, swirl the pan, add ginger and garlic, and stir-fry 10-20 seconds. Add edamame, stir-fry 30 seconds.
- Add 1/3 c. water, bring to boil, and cook until edamame are tender and water has been absorbed, 3-5 minutes.
- Stir in 2 tsp. Sesame oil, plum sauce, soy sauce, rice and almonds; stir-fry about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with onions. Serve immediately.
Serves 4 main-course or 8 side servings