- 6 c. veggie or chicken broth
- 1 large russet potato, peeled, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 large yam or sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cubed
- 2 c. broccoli, chopped
- 1 large celery stalk with leaves, chopped
- 1 TB fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 c. chicken or tofu, cooked and diced
- 10 oz. Corn kernels
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley, chopped
- black pepper to taste
- Bring broth to a simmer in a heavy large pot or Dutch oven over high heat. Add potato, yam, onion, carrots, broccoli, celery and ginger and bring to boil.
- Cover pot, reduce heat to medium and simmer soup until all vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes. Add corn and cooked chicken/tofu and simmer until corn is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Season soup with black pepper and chopped parsley.