From The Feast Nearby, by Robin Mather
- 3 c. flour
- 1 TB ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp. ground cloves
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 eggs
- ½ c. vegetable oil
- ½ c. milk
- 2 ¼ c. sugar
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 2 c. zucchini, grated
- 1 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 325° . Grease 2 (9″ x 5″) loaf pans and dust with flour.
- Sift flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt into a bowl.
- Beat eggs, oil, milk, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until combined. Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir to combine thoroughly. Stir in zucchini and nuts. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 45 to 60 minutes, until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans on a wire rack 20 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely before slicing.
Makes 2 loaves, 10 slices each.